Beaming winners at the awards ceremony
Eagerly awaited, the secret about this year's award winners was revealed on Sunday at the Munich Residence.
Munich, 23 October 2022 - For the thirteenth time, numerous companies and institutes from Germany and abroad competed for the award in five categories at the world's leading trade fair bauma in Munich. After a multi-stage selection process, five lucky winners were able to receive their prizes on Sunday in the Max Joseph Hall of the Munich Residence.
They are in the categories
- climate protection: Liebherr France SAS with its hydrogen-powered excavator,
- digitalisation: MiC 4.0 Machines in Construction with one common digital language for construction sites,
- mechanical engineering: Herrenknecht AG with its continuous advance,
- construction: Holcim (Germany) GmbH with CPC – Carbon Pre-stressed Concrete
- research: Freiberg University of Mining and Technology Mechanical Engineering Institute with Deep Sea Sampling.
A total of 133 entries were received, of which 41 finalists made it to the next round. In two rounds of voting, the expert jury and task force chose their favourites. The trade journalists attending the bauma Media Dialog in Munich also had the opportunity to cast their vote in the final round.
The competition is a joint project under the auspices of the VDMA Construction – Equipment and Plant Engineering, Messe München, the Federation of the German Construction Industry (HDB), the German Construction Confederation (ZDB) and the German Building Materials Association (bbs).
Fifteen innovations compete for first place
The nominees have been determined. A jury of experts selected the fifteen innovations nominated for the award from 41 finalists out of an original 133 entries.
Frankfurt am Main, 8 September 2022 - Messe München and VDMA, together with the construction trade associations HDB, ZDB and bbs, are awarding the prize for the thirteenth time. The competition was launched last year with the new categories of climate protection and digitalisation, and the categories of mechanical engineering, construction and research are back in the running.
Trade press visitors to the Media Dialogue on 21 and 22 June in Munich will have the opportunity to cast their votes online from 8 to 13 September, which will be included in the overall evaluation. All nominees will be presented on the eve of bauma, on October 23, 2022, in the Max Joseph Hall in the Munich Residence, and the five innovations with the highest number of points will be awarded the prize.
The jury evaluates the entries based on criteria that are significant for the industry and its future. These include how practice-oriented a solution is or what economic potential it offers. Increasing digitalisation plays just as much a role as environmental protection aspects, sustainability, resource efficiency or the humanisation of the workplace.
The following entries have been nominated for the bauma Innovation Award 2022:
Category 1 Climate protection
- The Benninghoven REVOC System - Catalyst for asphalt mixing plants, BENNINGHOVEN - Branch of Wirtgen Mineral Technologies GmbH
- Minus CO2 -building materials - renewable, better, economical, carbonauten GmbH
- Hydrogen-powered excavator, Liebherr France SAS
Category 2 Digitalisation
- Haptic collision avoidance, Bosch Rexroth AG
- One common digital language for construction sites, MiC 4.0 Machines in Construction
- MESH Technology, Mesh AG
Category 3 Mechanical engineering
- Ammann 3D Compactor eAPX 68/95, Ammann Verdichtung GmbH
- Built Robotics Exosystem™, Built Robotics Inc.
- Continuous advance, Herrenknecht AG
Category 4 Building
- Process tracking system b.navigate, BAUER Spezialtiefbau GmbH
- TSB - Transport System Bögl – rethinking local transport, Max Bögl
- CPC – Carbon Pre-stressed Concrete, Holcim (Deutschland) GmbH
Category 5 Research
- ROBETON, Individualized Production, RWTH Aachen University
- Site Execution System, TU Dresden - Institute for Mechatronic Engineering
- Deep Sea Sampling, Freiberg University of Mining and Technology Mechanical Engineering Institute
Finalists have been chosen - 41 of 133 innovations convince in the pre-selection process
To have reached the round of finalists is already a distinction for the candidates for the bauma Innovation Award. From this group, an expert jury will select the 3 nominees for the award in one of the 5 categories: climate protection, digitalisation, mechanical engineering, building and research. The 15 nominated innovations will be officially announced by the organisers in early September.
Category: Climate Protection
- Benninghoven (www.benninghoven.com)
- carbonauten (www.carbonauten.com)
- Encofrados J. Alsina (www.alsina.com)
- Klaus Faber (www.faber-infrastructure.de)
- Lasco Umformtechnik (www.lasco.de)
- Liebherr-Components Biberach (www.liebherr.com)
- Liebherr France SAS (www.liebherr.com)
- Marini-Ermont (www.marini-ermont.fayat.com)
- Mecalac (www.mecalac.com)
- AG Machines in Construction MIC 4.0 (www.mic40.org)
- Bauer Training Center (www.bauer-trainingcenter.de)
- Bomag (www.bomag.com)
- Bosch Rexroth (www.boschrexroth.de)
- Continental (www.continental.com)
- Doosan Infracore Europe (www.eu.doosanequipment.com)
- Flash Battery (www.flashbattery.tech)
- Gustav Eirich (www.eirich.de)
- Mesh (www.mesh.ch)
- preML (www.preml.io)
- Schulte Strathaus (www.schulte-strathaus.de)
- Umdasch Group Ventures (www.umdaschgroup-ventures.com)
- Weber Maschinentechnik (www.webermt.com)
- Wirtgen (www.wirtgen.de)
Category: Mechanical Engineering
- Ammann Verdichtung (www.ammann.com)
- Bauer Maschinen (www.bauer.de)
- Bomag (www.bomag.com)
- Built Robotics (www.builtrobotics.com)
- Dana Incorporated (www.dana.com)
- Doosan Bobcat EMEA (www.bobcat.com)
- Herrenknecht (www.herrenknecht.de)
- Mecalac (www.mecalac.com)
- Wirtgen (www.wirtgen.de)
- Bauer Spezialtiefbau (www.bauer.de)
- Holcim (Deutschland) (www.holcim.com)
- Max Bögl Stiftung (www.max-boegl.de)
- KIT Institut für Technologie und Management im Baubetrieb (www.tmb.kit.edu)
- TU Clausthal (www.tu-clausthal.de)
- TU Dresden (www.tu-dresden.de)
- TU Dresden, Institut für Mechatronischen Maschinenbau (www.tu-dresden.de)
- RWTH Aachen Individualized Production (www.ip.rwth-aachen.de)
- Universität Rostock, TU Freiberg, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Bauer Maschinen, Krebs & Aulich (www.bauer.de)
bauma Innovation Award 2022 – Kick-off on 3 May 2021
Great events cast their shadows ahead, including the presentation of the bauma Innovation Award on bauma from 24-30 October 2022, which is traditionally the opening event of the trade fair week.
Frankfurt am Main, 08 April 2021 – The period for entries starts on 3 May and ends in spring 2022. All the necessary information on the terms and conditions of participation is available at www.bauma-innovationspreis.de. Applicants can submit their documents via the form in the web portal from 3 May onwards. To do justice to technical progress and social as well as political developments, the responsible members in the Task Force have revised the categories. They are:
- Category 1 Climate protection
- Category 2 Digitalisation
- Category 3 Mechanical engineering
- Category 4 Building
- Category 5 Research
VDMA Construction - Equipment and Plant Engineering and VDMA Mining, together with Messe München and the partner associations HDB, ZDB and bbs, are conducting the multi-stage application process and hosting the awards ceremony at the Court Church of All Saints in Munich.
Important links: vdma.org/baumaschinen-baustoffanlagen
VDMA represents around 3,300 German and European companies in the mechanical and plant engineering industry. This innovative industry is export-oriented and predominantly made up of SMEs, employing around four million people in Europe, including more than a million in Germany alone.
Five categories - five prizes - five winners
On the eve of bauma, five companies and one university received the bauma Innovation Award 2019 for the best technical innovation in their category. The prize was awarded for developments that point the way to the future, are economical, environmentally friendly, practicable and take particular account of people in their working environment.
Frankfurt am Main, April 9, 2019 – The invitation to tender and award of the Innovation Prize took place for the twelfth time - with invited guests from politics and business and the Bavarian Minister of State Hubert Aiwanger as guest of honour in the Court Church of All Saints in the Munich Residenz.
Herrenknecht won the prize in the machine category with its E-Power Pipe®. With this, the company has developed a process for the economical and environmentally friendly laying of underground cables. Cable conduits with a small diameter and a casing length of more than one kilometre can be quickly and safely installed underground. This protects the landscape from major changes and thus enables greater acceptance by the population when it comes to laying power lines.
MOBA Mobile Automation reached the first place in the category component/digital systems. With the PAVE-TM system for automatic and non-contact layer thickness measurement in road construction, material requirements can be planned precisely and accident risks minimized because manual remeasurements are no longer necessary. This leads to enormous cost savings and a higher quality of the road surface.
Max Bögl won the innovation award in the category construction/construction methods/construction processes. With a mobile production facility for wind turbines, the company can completely implement German factory production as a mirror image anywhere in the world. In this way it avoids costly transport and promotes the local economy.
The Technical University of Munich won the race in the research/science category. Together with their partners they developed a driver guidance system 4.0, which supports the construction machine operators with holograms during their construction site activities. Virtual 3D models and data from different sources overlay real objects and the environment. The operator receives all relevant information in the field of vision. This provides a better overview and facilitates the implementation of changes in the construction process.
Liebherr Hydraulik Bagger won the prize in the Design category. With its new operating environment for construction machines, the company takes the next level of digital control environment by combining physical and digital units: it integrates standard tablets into the control environment of a construction machine and implements the requirements of machine operators using an intuitive Graphics Unit Interface. Man will no longer just operate the machine, he will communicate with it.
Every three years at bauma, VDMA, HDB (German Construction Industry Federation), ZDB (German Construction Confederation), bbs (German Building Materials Association) and Messe München award the bauma Innovation Prize.
This time 138 entries were received, 64% from Germany and 36% from abroad. 53 entries were submitted in the machine category, 44 in the components and digital systems category, 5 in the building/construction processes/building processes category, 18 in research and science and 18 in the Design category. Candidates must qualify in several selection rounds and meet certain criteria. It is about how high the level of digitisation is, how advanced and user-friendly and, of course, how economic the innovation is. Optics and ergonomics also play a role. In the Design category, the combination of form and function is of decisive importance.